Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Years!

So 2011 has come and gone. Its been a great year for Stinner Frameworks. A lot has changed and we have grown a lot. Looking back at January and seeing where I was then, I can't be any more than satisfied with where I am today. Luckily 2011 was a successful year. I had some great clients that were more than patient with me as my business grew and they are thrilled with their new bikes, which makes me happy. I built a few road bikes, I built two 29er's, I built a handful of cross frames and I built two commuter frames. For my "first year" I couldn't be happier with the range I hit. We had an OK attempt at a small cross team. John McCusky and I tried to make it to as many cross races as we could. Between working long hours and trying to get training in, I think we did an OK job. Next year will be even better!

As for 2012, things are looking promising! I already have quite a few bikes on the books, for some pretty awesome people. I hope to get out and ride more than I did in 2011. Things are growing. I will have some NEW PRICING up on my website in the next week or so. Frame pricing will become much more affordable, I will be offering really affordable complete bikes and I will be debuting my TIG abilities. Thats right, everyone asked for it and they will get it. TIG frames will be starting at $1000! For a custom frame? How could you say no! I'm pretty excited about it and I already have two orders for TIG frames. So if you have been thinking about getting a custom frame this last year and your worry was cost, worry no more!

One thing that I really wanted to make a point to do, before the year ended was thank all of the people that have helped me this year. I believe that surrounding yourself with talented people is a must. Not only have they given me a ton of useful and helpful information, but they are all completely supportive of everything I have done or envisioned.  First of all I want to thank my girlfriend Brittany for putting up with me. Long hours, working weekends, talking bikes on days off, venting, listening, ignoring, etc. If it wasn't for her, I would be in this game all alone. I would like to thank my parents Jim and Catherine for their unbelievable support. With out their support I probably would have never jumped into this boat. Another great, Mr. Niel Mazzolini, without your help, I don't think I would have made it through this year. Chris Gonzalez at Illuminations and Chandelier, without you nothing would be running in my shop. You are awesome! Mr John Jones of Jones Precision Wheels, you are an anchor, thank you for the guidance and wisdom. Big things in 2012 for us sir. Dana Anderson, carpentry master and unbelievable rider, he puts in more miles than anyone I know. John McCusky (Prospect Mortgage), twater/fb/flickr master, you rock dude, more good times in 2012 for sure! My brother and Robert, best roommates a guy could ask for. John Bennet, for trusting my skills. Andrew S. for helping me with a rad website. Perry Lieber. Jane Faulkner. D2. Chris Ellefson for pushing me to my creative limits! Nick Martinez for reping Stinner Frames harder than anyone I know. As for the bike folk Todd Ingermanson at Black Cat Cyles, thank you for all your help and questions that you didn't need to answer. It's nice knowing that there are great framebuilders that are willing to share invaluable information. Christopher Dornbach, thanks for the call, its always nice getting help from someone who is two steps in front of me. Carl Strong, you may not remember me, but all the info I got from you at NAHBS last year I have held on to and used as a guideline for everything I do, that information has a priceless tag on it. Stever Garro at Coconino. We too have never met but if it wasn't for your blog and your amazing fillet brazing skills I would have nothing to chase! Don Ferris at Anvil for great fixtures, but also for the hours you have spent on the phone with me educating me. Henry James at True Temper for your guidance and advice. All of my distributors, QBP, Chris King, Enve, SBA, Velocity. Everyone who got a frame or is waiting to get one, Thank you. All of my friends that put up with me, Thank You! Bicycle Bob crew and Bob himself for helping me through a new chapter. If I forgot you I apologize, but you know I thank you.

2011 was a great year, but I have a feeling 2012 is going to be even better. More riding, more building, more beer and more good times. So here's to you, here's to me, here's to bikes brining people together. Have a happy new year and I will see you all on the other side.

Cheers,
Aaron

Normally I would take you out with something electronic/pump up jam but that just isn't me. So instead you get guitars. Its a good one. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment