Saturday, March 17, 2012

Effective Immediatley! Top Quality Paint for Stinner Frameworks

Hey Everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I bring you this news: something exciting is going down at Stinner Frameworks. It’s been something we have been working toward for quite some time...and the time is now! Although we had hoped to unleash this before NAHBS (which just wasn’t going to happen with how busy we were), we are thrilled to announce that the time has come.

I had the luxury to rub elbows with the boys of Spectrum Powderworks at NAHBS. Our meeting was brief but effective. I’ve wanted to work with these guys for a long time, but I just haven't had the time to chat with them and really figure out if it would be the right fit. I have been talking to them via email since the show and working out the details. I’ve been crunching the numbers to make it so that we can work together and still deliver a great product at an excellent price for our customer.

As most of you may or may not know, finding quality painters that have good turn-arounds are hard to find. Very hard to find. Some painters have wait times as long as builders. Some painters charge so much that my frame prices would go through the roof. My goal as a builder has always been to supply a great basic product at an affordable price.

So, from this point forward, Spectrum will be doing all of the painting for Stinner Frameworks!

You may question: what does Spectrum do that we didn't offer before? Previously our frames were treated, prepped and powdered by a local powder coating company in California that did an unbelievable job. They were great to work with and had great turn-around times. After the frames were powdered, I would then apply a top mount vinyl decal. The vinyl was great quality and allowed me to offer my frames at a reasonable price. Spectrum takes this process to the next level. Spectrum still preps the frame and does a high quality base powder. They then airbrush our decals on top of the base powder (no vinyl required!). This ensures that the finish is smooth and flawless. After the decals are airbrushed on, Spectrum applies a clear powder coat to protect the graphics and the base powder. Minor disclaimer: a few decal colors won't work with this process, and there are other options that we can discuss should the situation arise. So to make a long story short, everyone will be getting a show quality finish on their Stinner!

However, better paint means more money. Previously we were charging $350 for a paint upgrade. Some people were more than willing to take the jump, some weren't. In my opinion, the upgraded paint is well worth it; it’s something I get on all my personal bikes. It is a special frame, after all.

Now you are probably asking yourself: so how is this going to affect the pricing? Are you going to increase all paint costs by $350? That seems like a lot! No. We’re not going to raise our prices $350. But we will be raising them by $200, which I think is a great deal. For only $200 more you will get that much better of a finish. It’s a finish that I believe makes frames that are given so much effort and attention, that much more valuable. Top quality frames deserve top quality finishes. So effective immediately our pricing will increase $200. Normally I would give some advance notice with a price increase, but the increase is not for personal gain; it is to deliver a better product to our customers. We hope you can understand. Our frames will start at $1200. That’s still a great deal and one we hope you will consider.

We will still be giving the NAHBS discount, which is 10% off complete bike orders if you get your deposit in by 4/30/12!

So, that being said, please give me some feedback. Let me know what you think of the change.

Otherwise, I look forward to working with you and with Spectrum to deliver top quality custom frames.

Cheers,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment