Monday, September 26, 2011

CX Season!

Cyclocross season has finally started down here in So Cal. I've put together a small team of myself and my good friend Jon McCusky for this season. We will be flying the Stinner Frameworks kits and bikes at all the local races. Jon and I both raced together back in our college days. Neither of us have raced competitively in about 4 years so its been interesting getting out there again. We raced in Los Angeles last weekend. The course was great and the promoters did a great job putting on the race. Everyone seemed to be really interested in the bikes we were building and I had a lot of people ask me about frames. So in that regard it was a huge success. As for the racing, I had come down with some sickness thats been going around, so my race was less than stellar. My buddy Jon finished off in 20th to give Stinner Frameworks its first solid showing.

Yesterday we raced down in Camarillo, CA at Pacifica Crossfest. It was nice having a race so close. It only took us about an hour to get down to the course. The weather was good at 60 degrees and slightly overcast. The course was damp and muddy in spots, which made for some great cross racing. Just having finally got over my flu/cold it was nice to be able to actually go out and put an effort in. I ended up getting 13th, which was a huge improvement over last weekend. Legs felt ok, but I wasn't picking the best lines. My bike handled great and rode wonderfully though, I wouldn't change anything in regards to the bike. The lugged steel frame really reacted well to everything the course threw at it. Tight twists and turns. Mounts and dismounts, everything was solid. The only thing that needs improvement is my fitness. My buddy Jon also did great finishing out the race in 17th.

We don't race for about three weeks now, which is ok, because we have a lot of training to do. We hope by the next race to be up with the top riders in our class.

As far as frames are concerned the build list is stacking up quite nicely. I now only work two days a week at my local bike shop and I spend Mon - Thurs at my shop building frames. This will allow me to turn frames around faster and really hone my craft. I'm really looking forward to getting more people on frames. If you are interested in a frame, please contact me. I have had a lot of people inquiring about frames and prices. Shoot me an email or give me a call and lets talk. Although my build list is getting a little longer, my turnaround time is shorter because I have more time to spend building.

I hope everyone enjoyed there last days of summer. I'm excited for colder weather and the winter. I'm excited for Cyclocross Season. I'm excited for good espresso and I'm really excited about making some great bikes for great people.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment